The Pizza Frozinone
Recipe Courtesy of Bella Roma Pizza, St. Cloud, Florida
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 14-ounce dough ball
- Handful of fresh baby arugula
- 4 leaves of fresh basil (julienned)
- 10 thin slices of ripe tomato
- 1 garlic glove chopped
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 7 ounces shredded mozzarella
- Pinch of grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Pinch dried oregano
- ¾ ounces balsamic glaze
- ¾ ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 11/2 ounces of mixed shaved Italian cheeses (Romano, Asiago, Parmesan)
- Spread mozzarella cheese evenly across dough.
- Sprinkle on fresh basil.
- Top pizza with ripened sliced tomatoes across the pizza over the fresh basil and mozzarella.
- Tear the thinly sliced prosciutto and evenly distribute over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle on grated pecorino Romano cheese and a pinch of dried oregano.
- Bake at 550 F for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Once pizza is baked to a golden brown perfection remove from oven and top with a handful of fresh baby arugula, fresh cracked black pepper, shaved Italian cheese mix and
- finally drizzle the extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze across the pizza.
- Cut and serve.