Ultimate Lobster and Scallop Pizza
Recipe courtesy of Kevin Plaut, Harry’s Bishops Corner, West Hartford, Connecticut
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Pizza
- 11 ounce pizza dough
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces Asiago cheese
- 2 lobster tails, sliced into 5-6 pieces each
- 4 ounces fresh sea scallops, cut in half
- 3 ounces Roma tomato, grilled and sliced, seasoned with fresh garlic, salt and pepper
- ½ cob of corn, roasted fresh
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- 8 chives, finely chopped
- 8 lemon wedges, peeled, very thinly sliced and cut in half
- Split fresh lobster tails down the middle with a knife.
- Cut each tail into about 5-6 pieces and set aside.
- Cut sea scallops in half.
- Cut the top of the tomato off and split down the middle the long way.
- Season with oil, fresh garlic, salt and pepper.
- Grill at 425 F for 5 minutes.
- Remove and cool immediately.
- Cut each half into about 3 pieces.
- Brush the corn with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 8-10 minutes or until the corn starts to soften and lightly brown.
- Cool immediately.
- Cut the corn from the cob just before putting it on the pie.
- For the bread crumbs, use day-old bread and season with plenty of olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake until crispy.
- Then place bread in food processor and chop until you have bread crumbs.
- Slice 8 chives very thinly and place on the pie sparingly as a garnish.
- Melt a ½ stick of butter and carefully spoon and drizzle 1 tablespoon of the clarified portion onto the pizza.
- Carefully peel and slice the lemon and then cut each slice in half and place on pie.