Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: salads
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound rotini, cooked al dente, refreshed under cold water, drained
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained, slices
- ½ pound fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes
- 1 16-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 4 ounces sliced hard salami or pepperoni, julienned
- 12 pepperoncini
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley chopped
- In a blender, puree garlic, mustard and vinegar.
- With the motor running, add olive oil in a steady stream until emulsified.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine rotini, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella, garbanzo beans, salami and pepperoncini.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over; add hot pepper flakes and parsley.
- Toss well to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until ready to serve.