Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: soup
- ½ cup finely diced carrots
- ½ up sliced (1/8-inch thick) on the bias sport peppers
- ½ cup very small cauliflower florets
- 1-1/2 cups slices (1/8-inch slices) on the bias celery
- ½ to1 cup sliced jalapenos, as desired for mild or hot flavor
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano crumbled
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- In a non-reactive bowl or container, combine all the vegetables with the oregano and garlic.
- Add the oils an the vinegar and toss to combine.
- Cover and store in a cool place, but do not refrigerate.
- Giardiniera should be made at least one day ahead of use, to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Shelf life is one week, stored covered in a cool place.