Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sauce
- 5 large bell peppers, various colors make the best presentation, cut in strips
- 8 ounces of diced, peeled, seeded Roma tomatoes
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 5 basil leaves
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté the onions and garlic in 3 tablespoons of olive oil, over low heat.
- When the onions begin to brown, add the tomatoes and basil.
- Cook for about 10 minutes on low heat.
- Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Begin to sauté the peppers in the rest of the olive oil.
- When peppers begin to soften, add the tomato mixture.
- Allow to cook until the peppers are soft, but skin is not falling off.
- Remove from heat and serve as an addition to any meal, or alone as a side dish.