Classic Carbonara I
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces bacon or pancetta, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 serving of hot pasta, drained
- 1 beaten egg
- ¼ cup parmigiano, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- A liberal sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a 10-inch skillet.
- Add the bacon and onion.
- Cook over high heat until the onion begins to turn translucent.
- Add the garlic and toss with other ingredients.
- Pour in the wine and boil down until it it is reduced to syrup.
- Should only take 1 minute over high heat.
- Add the pasta and toss with the other ingredients.
- Remove the pan from the heat and toss in the eggs.
- Stir well.
- Add the parmingiano, parsley and pepper.
- Continue tossing and mixing until the pasta is well coated (for a wetter sauce, add some chicken stock after the wine is reduced).
- Turn the finished sauce out onto a plate and dust with additional parmigiano, parsley, and black pepper.