Classic Pomodoro Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup tomato fillets or chopped tomato pieces (drained)
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 portion of hot, cooked pasta, ready to use
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet and cook the garlic for about one minute, or until it turns translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, bring to a bubble, and let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the basil, season with salt and pepper.
- Toss in the pasta