Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sauce
- 15 fresh lemons
- 2 fifths 100 proof vodka
- 4 cups sugar
- 5 cups water
- Wash the lemons well with a vegetable brush.
- Zest the lemons, careful not to include any white pith.
- In a 1-gallon glass jar, add one fifth vodka and the lemon zest.
- Cover the jar and let sit at room temperature for 10 days.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and water and cook until thick, about five to seven minutes.
- Let the syrup cool and then add to the resting mixture.
- Add the other fifth of vodka and set aside again for another 10 days.
- After the resting period ends, strain and bottle, discarding the lemon zest.
- Keep in the freezer until serving.
- Summer only lasts a very short period of time, and there are so many
- seasonal foods available as long as summer stays.
- Taking advantage of these special items can be a great marketing tool and a tasty addition to any menu.