Mango Chutney Sauce
We paired our chutney with sliced white meat chicken breast, diced prosciutto, smoked mozzarella and jalapeños. Since the chutney has a bit of heat, you can make your pizza less or more spicy depending on how many jalapeños you use in the sauce.
Author: Mandy Wolf Detwiler
Recipe type: Sauce
- 3 mangos, slightly under-ripe
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- ½ teaspooon ground cumin
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 fresh jalapeño, seeded and chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon of dried ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of roasted garlic paste
- ¼ cup sweet onion, chopped finely
- Peel the mangos, cube into small chunks and dispose of the pit.
- In a medium saucepan, simmer the dry spices, mango, sugar, vinegar, garlic, pepper and onion for 60 minutes on low until the flavors have merged.
- Store in the cooler.
- Use about ¼ cup of chutney for each 12-inch pizza.