Ramp and Walnut Pesto
Courtesy of John Gutekanst, Avalanche Pizza, Athens, Ohio
Author: Pizza Today
- 2 cups fresh ramps
- 1 gallon boiling water
- 1 large bowl of ice water
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup walnuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- After cleaning the ramps and cutting off the roots, place the ramps in the boiling water for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Immediately immerse in the ice water.
- Dry well.
- Place the ramps, walnuts and extra virgin olive oil in a jug or food processor and pulse on high until the desired texture is met.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.