Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sauce
- 3 cups garlic pudding (recipe can be found on PizzaToday.com by searching Avalanche Garlic Pudding)
- 3 cups frozen spinach, thawed and pressed of all moisture
- 2½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ¼ tablespoon pepper
- 4 whole eggs
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- While the water heats, place garlic pudding, spinach, Parmesan, salt, pepper and flour in a large bowl. Add whipped eggs and mix.
- This should have the consistency of loose dough.
- Pull a tennis ball-sized dollop out and gently roll in flour into a cigar-shaped log measuring a quarter inch in diameter.
- Using a dough knife, cut into half-inch long pieces then dust with more flour.
- Each piece should weigh about one ounce.
- Form each into a football shape making sure they are firm.
- Working in batches, load the gnudi into the boiling water with a slotted spoon and boil for three to four minutes or until they float.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- Uses: These can be held in your walk-in for up to a week and sautéed in butter with truffles or flavored oil.
- We’ve used them in two other recipes in this article!