Thai-Style Peanut Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sauce
- ¼ cup chopped garlic
- 6 tablespoons peeled chopped fresh ginger
- 4 ½ cups natural or low-sugar peanut butter
- ¼ cup hot chili sauce
- ½ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons crushed red chile flakes
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 cans coconut milk
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Place all ingredients, except coconut milk and cilantro, into a food processor, and puree until smooth.
- With processor still running, slowly add the coconut milk to mixture, allowing it to emulsify.
- Add the cilantro, just pulsing the processor to distribute it (over processing will turn the sauce green). The sauce will be somewhat runny, but will solidify when refrigerated.
- Use a spatula to spread sauce evenly on pizza dough.
- Use 4 ounces of sauce on a 10-inch base and 6 ounces on a 14-inch base.